Our factory has been working in the Vietnam garment industry for more than 20 years. We are very serious about corporate social responsibility. CSR in the Vietnam garment industry has been a big topic since the Bangladesh fire that resulted in many deaths
- Child Labour
- Forced and Compulsory Labour
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Association & Right to Collective Bargaining
- Disciplinary Practices
- Working Hours
- Remuneration Gold Garment is SA 8000 Certified and here are some things we do to be compliant.
Law in Vietnam: child labour is <= 15
We follow SA8000: only have labour >= 16
Does Gold Garment forced workers to work overtime?
No, overtime is voluntary.
What is the maximum overtime a worker can work?
Max of overtime is 300hours/year
What system does Gold Garment have to allow workers to complain to management?
Workers can complain directly to office manager or by letter box at private places with no supervision.
When workers break rules like smoking or being late…how does Gold Garment discipline the workers to change their behavior?
They get three warnings before termination.
Safety rules that Gold Garment enforces in the factory?
* All emergency exits are available at all time
* All fire distinguishers are available at all time
* All electric system inside factory must be safe. They are checked periodically by SA8000 staff
* No electricity available inside factory after stoping working.
How does Gold Garment manage workers to increase their capacity and control quality problems? Does Gold Garment pay a fixed salary or pay based on number of garments finished per day?
* Salary is base on a combination calculation of: capacity & ability. Due to capacity salary, workers try to increase by themselves.
* Quality is controlled by production managers of each group.
What are normal working hours and overtime working hours?
Normal working time is 8hours/day, more than that is overtime
What is starting salary?
160USD/month at minimum
What is average salary?
What is overtime multiplier?
* 1.5 for overtime
* 2.0 for Sunday
* 3.0 for National holiday